10.31.2012

Sandy Relief


Being without power for a few too many hours, I hadn't realized the actual affect of Hurricane Sandy (besides what I was witnessing myself). I walked outside this morning in Soho in shock of the debris, water, and smell - but most of all, the quite and emptiness felt throughout the NYC. After relocating uptown, and thanks to the internet/getting in touch with friends again, I now realize how severe this horrific storm actually was. All over New York (and nearby cities) families and friends have lost their homes and need our help. I have already signed up to volunteer in nearby neighborhoods starting tomorrow - and you can too. If you can't physically be here, please help my donating to the American Red Cross here. Or - you can simply text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to Sandy Relief. It's crazy to think about this city we feel so safe in, go through something as devastating as this. I've seen the videos and have witnessed the harsh flooding at my apartment building door... this was no joke and I am very glad it's over. Stay safe guys, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here!